How can you really make money using public domain? It’s a question I hear frequently. The short answer is that you can use public domain for anything that you want to use it for. You’re really only limited by your imagination. You can literally chop it up, use it completely intact, create derivative works based on it, combine it with other materials, etc. Here are eight public domain use ideas to get you thinking:
1. Use public domain to increase your organic search engine traffic. As I said in the idea above, you can cut up public domain content into separate articles and distribute them, but you can also slice it up to create articles for your own website. Make these articles keyword rich and submit them to search engines to gain a high search engine ranking for your keywords. The number one reason people go online is for information research. By setting up keyword and content rich webpages, the search engines will rank you higher and more of those targeted visitors will find you.
2. Use public domain products to upsell your own products. Upselling is a really powerful strategy for increasing your revenues, if you have additional products to offer. Public domain can give you the opportunity to offer an ‘upgrade’ to your customers. Simply use a public domain product as it is or modify it slightly and you have a product to use in your upsell.
3. Create a digital information product. This is probably the easiest and most often used method for taking advantage of public domain. You can easily compile the material as is (or with a few slight edits) and turn it into an ebook. Then you can sell the ebook, give it away to subscribers, offer it as a backend, etc.
4. Use public domain as a bonus to your own products. Just like we talked about using it to upsell your products, you can also use it to create really great bonuses for your products. People love bonuses. Sometimes people will buy a product just for the bonus if it’s something that they view as unique.
5. Use public domain on your website as content and partner with Google AdSense to generate revenue. Use the material you gather from public domain to create an information rich website. Then place Google AdSense ads within the site. Every time someone clicks on the AdSense ads, you earn a percentage of that advertising revenue. If done right this can add up very quickly.
6. Create a physical information product. Just as you can create a digital information product out of public domain material, you can also create a physically delivered product and ship it to customers. The real advantage to creating a physical product is that it may work better for your niche audience (especially if they aren’t very sophisticated) and physically delivered products can generally command a higher price. Some options for a physical product could be to read public domain material into a a microphone and then record that onto a CD, divide the material into sections and turn that into a home study course, or simply repackage the information into a booklet.
7. Create articles or mini courses out of the public domain content. People and online businesses are starving for great content. You can literally slice up the material you get into smaller articles and distribute them online to gain traffic to your website. This is called article marketing, and it’s a great way to gain targeted visitors to your site, especially when the content actually comes from public domain works.
8. Create s product based on a public domain work. Some people call these types of products derivative works. All it really means that you use the public domain material as the basis to create something completely different like a video, software, Cd, etc. There are tons and tons of other ways that you can utilize this freely available material and make money with it. Hopefully this will give you some idea of the possibilities and give you a good jumping off spot for using public domain in your own online business. Break free from online obscurity and get yourself some real online business and marketing answers with a subscription to Answers eMagazine at: [http://imarketingwatch.com/answers] Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Chris_Yates
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1718648